Position: Assistant Accountant
Salary: £22,500k – £28k per annum
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
You are an experienced assistant accountant/accounts senior. You are currently working in an accountancy practice (or have done so in the past) with at least 2 years’ experience mainly preparing annual accounts and self-assessment tax returns. You will likely have started your ACCA qualifications.
- Part qualified accountant or fully qualified AAT (level 4).
- 2+ years’ experience working in practice.
- Preparation for end of year accounts for sole traders, partnerships, small limited companies and LLPs.
- You will have a solid understanding of accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income as well as the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Client annual accounts preparation for sole traders, small limited companies, partnerships and LLPs using a variety of systems and spreadsheets (with relevant disclosures and explanatory notes and schedules).
- Updating client accounting systems with end of year adjustments.
- Corporation tax return and associated computation preparation and supporting schedules.
- Self-assessment tax return preparation for individuals, partnerships, and property investors (including capital gains computations).
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and EC Sales lists.
- Relationship management with your clients, getting to know them and their needs better.
We are a multi award-winning accountancy practice, holder of the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award and winner of the British Accounting Awards 2018 Best Independent Practice for this area and the 2020 Investors in People award at the Accounting Excellence awards.
We are highly organised, committed to the ongoing development of our team members as well as to delivering a great service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
We have comprehensive training and personal development processes, procedures and checklists as well as a regular planning and review process to support employee and business growth.
In addition to the generous salary, the role benefits from the following:
- 22 days initial holiday per year growing to 30 (plus the public holidays)
- Training and exam funding (including additional time off for exams)
- Flexible start and end time within a 35 hour working week
- Supportive and friendly team
- Annual bonus scheme (enabling you to earn an additional 10% of your salary)
- Private health care scheme
- Bespoke personal development plan and clear career path
- Full induction programme
- Free parking
Salary: £22,500 – £28,000 per year
We have implemented a number of policies and procedures to maintain the safety of team members when they are working at the office. These include temperature checks, social distancing and regular cleaning.