Thursday 13th July 2023
9.00am – 12.30pm
Goring and Streatley Golf Club
Inca Clients: £0
Non Inca Clients: £295 + VAT
Inca – Caring Accounting
01235 868 888
Essential Steps to Running a Successful Business
Thursday 13th July 2023
Are you planning to start your own business? Perhaps you’ve decided the time is right and are about to take the plunge. Or maybe you’re already part-way through the set-up process and aiming to launch your new venture shortly. If so, you’re likely to be feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness right now.
At Inca, our mission is to help ensure the new businesses we work with beat these odds. From the outset, we’ve specialised in supporting start-ups, helping their owners to build robust, profitable and sustainable businesses. With a success rate more than 300% higher than the national average, we believe our record speaks for itself.
In our July workshop, Essential Steps for Running a Successful Business, Graham will share his extensive knowledge on planning for success. He’ll explain that while success rarely happens by accident, failure nearly always results from poor planning. He’ll walk you step by step through the planning process, sharing vital insights gained over more than fifteen years of working with start-ups.
Who Is It For?
Our workshop is for anyone who is seriously considering setting up their own business. Whether you’re still at the dreaming stage or you’ve already begun to take some practical actions, this half-day event will provide you with a blueprint for success.
What Will You Learn?
During the morning, Graham will explain the common mistakes that new business owners make and how to avoid them. He’ll share a wealth of information that will be invaluable to anyone with ambitions to start their own business.
Areas Graham will cover will include:
- How to decide which business structure is right for you
- Why having a plan is crucial and will make taking action easier
- Why planning begins with being clear about your dreams
- The process of turning dreams into goals, into plans, into actions and finally – into success
- Why realism and preparation are crucial to help you avoid falling into the ‘passion trap’
- The essential skills every new business owner has to learn, including:
- Marketing and selling – so you’re able to generate a predictable cash flow
- Finance basics – so you’re able to understand your financial position, track and achieve goalsYou already have the drive and enthusiasm. By the end of this workshop, you can back this up with a practical understanding of what’s required.The knowledge and confidence you’ll acquire during the morning will help ensure that when you come to launch your new venture, it will have the highest possible chance of success.
Graham Carson is Sales Director of award-winning Inca Accounting, the business he co-founded with his wife Lesley more than 15 years ago. Inca specialises in working with the owners of micro to small start-ups, helping them build and grow successful, sustainable businesses. 63.9% of the new start-ups Inca works with get to celebrate their fifth birthday – a success rate more than 300% higher than the national average!
A key differentiator that sets Inca apart from most other accountants is the company’s philosophy of ‘caring accounting’. Inca is committed to supporting a range of community projects and donates a percentage of its annual profits to local charities.