You’re the driving force behind your business, but you can’t do it all on your own.
To ensure your business achieves its full potential, you have to surround yourself with the right people. This means the most talented staff, the best suppliers, and the most experienced and knowledgeable professional partners.
Of this latter group, few partners have the ability to influence the future success of your business as much as your accountant.
But when you’re starting out, it’s not always an area that’s given a huge amount of consideration. You might take the view that it’s just another overhead, so it doesn’t really matter who you use – as long as they make sure you stay compliant and prepare your end of year accounts.
But thinking like this is a false economy. It won’t help you develop your business, and might even restrict its growth.
A good accountant will do far more than the bare minimum. They’ll be proactive, supporting you with financial advice to help you operate as efficiently as possible, so that not only will your business grow and make more money, but you’ll get to keep more of it for yourself.
So is Your Accountant Working for You?
Is your accountant proactive? Are they an asset or an overhead? We’ve devised a simple, five question test that will give you the answer. Take the test now!
1. Do you get regular, proactive tax advice from your accountant? Yes / No
2. Does your accountant help you make more money from your business? Yes / No
3. Does your accountant pass you referrals or introductions? Yes / No
4. Does your accountant take time to explain your accounts to you? Yes / No
5. Does your accountant fix fees up front and offer simple payment plans? Yes / No
How did you score?
4-5 Yes’s Congratulations. You obviously have a great relationship with your accountant. Get in touch with us when they are due to retire!
2-3 Yes’s It sounds like there’s a lot of room for improvement. Call us now, and we’ll invite you to one of our workshops as a VIP guest.
0-1 Yes’s Ouch – that’s not good. Get in touch with us now for a chat and to arrange an appointment.
Don’t have an accountant? With all the changes taking place to the tax system right now, we salute your bravery! But here’s a thought: How much better could your business be doing with the support of a proactive accounting partner?
Inca Nominated for 2018 UK Small Practice of the Year Award!
Awards aren’t everything of course, but they can certainly be one indicator of a proactive practice.
We’re delighted that for the second year in a row, Inca has been shortlisted as UK Small Practice of the Year in the Accounting Excellence Awards.
Held in partnership with ACCA, the world’s most forward-thinking professional accountancy body, Accounting Excellence is a national event which recognises all things excellent in the accounting profession.
We’ll be getting our dickie bows out of dry cleaning and heading up to London in September for the awards ceremony, and hope to be adding to our already impressive list of accolades.
But what do we do at Inca to win industry recognition, and how do our clients benefit from working with an award-winning accountant?
- We continuously invest in our team, helping them acquire new skills and qualifications, doing everything we can to ensure they stay right up to date with regulations and best practice.
- We stay at the leading edge of accounting technology, helping clients adopt time-saving solutions, so they benefit from real efficiencies.
- We keep clients informed about revisions to the tax system – helping them to understand and manage changes. Our current focus is on the transition to Making Tax Digital.
- We include tax planning as part of our standard service, so our clients get to keep more of the money generated by their businesses.
- We run regular workshops on topics such as marketing, sales and social media. Presented by experts, they help clients run better businesses and contribute to improving their five-year survival rate by more than 300% compared to the national average!