How to Get More from Your Small Business Website
Are you able to say in no more than 15 words exactly what the purpose of your website is?
As your digital shopfront, it needs to attract the kind of visitors you’re looking for, engage them and encourage them to take the action you want.
But these are broad generalisations; if your website is to be truly effective, it’s crucial you’re able to define Its purpose far more specifically, so that the design and content can be crafted to bring about the outcome you want.
This is the theme that underpins our upcoming workshop ‘How to Get More from Your Small Business Website’, which will be presented by web guru Ed Hollingshead from WebBoutiques.
Who is it For?
If you own a micro or small business and you’d like to get more from your website, this event is for you. Whether you’re on your first website or your tenth; have zero experience of websites or consider yourself an expert, we guarantee you’ll learn something new at this workshop.
What will you Learn?
Calling on years of experience, Ed will share his insights into the process of creating an effective website that delivers great results. He’ll explain why it’s critical to have absolute clarity about the fundamental objectives of your website, and will reveal strategies you can implement to make your own website work as hard as possible.
Areas Ed will be discussing will include:
- The importance of ensuring content throughout your site is consistent, so search engines will correctly categorise your website.
- How adding fresh content like news & blogs regularly will help boost your search engine performance.
- How to help prospective customers find you by using landing pages to promote specific aspects of your business.
- Coupled with the use of landing pages, how to make paid for advertising more effective.
- Why it’s vital your website directs visitors to what they’re looking for – fast.
- Why a sales-focused website must have strong calls to action on each page.
- How to use free online tools to discover the keywords & phrases that will drive quality visitors to your site.
- What expectations you should have of your web agency & the level of training & support & tools they should provide you with.
- How to use Google Analytics to monitor your website’s performance & feed improvements back into the web solution.
- Whether to use meta keywords or not.
- The importance of Responsive and Secure (padlocked) websites
You’ll leave this workshop with a real understanding of what you need to do to get more from your website and the knowledge to begin to make it happen immediately!
About Ed Hollingshead
Ed is the owner of WebBoutiques, www.webboutiques.co.uk, an Oxfordshire-based agency delivering web solutions to businesses of all sizes – including simple to use, fixed-price packages full of features, training and support designed specifically for smaller companies. Ed has decades of experience in the software sector, including working on international projects for companies like Sega and Microsoft before he set up WebBoutiques in 2003. Ed thinks that websites should be as easy for owners to maintain as they are for visitors to use.
Like all our workshops, this will be a friendly, informal and interactive event. There will be plenty of time to put any questions you may have to Ed directly, and the opportunity to network with other like-minded business owners.
Inca is committed to supporting start-ups and established businesses with events to help them grow and flourish. Places on our workshops always fill up quickly, so be sure to book early to avoid disappointment.
We look forward to seeing you there!