Position: Qualified Accountant
Salary: £37,500 – £45,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
You are a qualified accountant having passed your exams and may already be a full member of the ACCA or ICAEW. You are currently working in practice with at least 4 years’ experience mainly preparing annual accounts. You are seeking your next opportunity with a desire to be a key player in a small team leading to potential ownership.
- Qualified accountant with ACCA or ICAEW having passed all your exams (possibly already a full member of either organisation).
- 4+ years’ experience working in practice
- Preparation for end of year accounts for sole traders, partnerships, small limited companies and LLPs.
- You will have a solid understanding of accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income as well as the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- You will ideally be preparing self-assessment tax returns for individuals as well as corporation tax returns and experience in property taxation or R & D tax credits claims would be a further advantage.
- Client annual accounts preparation for sole traders, small limited companies, partnerships and LLPs using a variety of systems and spreadsheets (with relevant disclosures and explanatory notes and schedules).
- Corporation tax return and associated computation preparation and supporting schedules.
- Self-assessment tax return preparation for individuals, partnerships, and property investors (including capital gains computations).
- Relationship management with your clients, getting to know them and their needs better.
- Tax planning with your clients.
Why You Want To Work Here:
We are a multi award-winning accountancy practice, holder of the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award, winner of the British Accounting Awards 2018 Best Independent Practice for this area and 2020 winner of the Investing In People award at the Accounting Excellence Awards.
We are highly organised, committed to the ongoing development of our team members as well as to delivering a great service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
We have comprehensive training and personal development processes, procedures and checklists as well as a regular planning and review process to support employee and business growth.
In addition to the generous salary, the role benefits from the following:
- 22 days initial holiday per year growing to 30 (plus the public holidays)
- Training and exam funding (including additional time off for exams)
- Flexible start and end time within a 35 hour working week
- Supportive and friendly team
- Annual bonus scheme (enabling you to earn an additional 10% of your salary)
- Private health care scheme
- Bespoke personal development plan and clear career path
- Full induction programme
- Free parking
We have implemented a number of measures to enable safe Covid working. Clients and suppliers do not attend the offices, social distancing measures are in place as well as regular sanitising and cleaning. Team members have full home-based IT set-up.