So, you’re a fully qualified chartered accountant or chartered certified accountant?
You are a qualified accountant having passed your exams and may already be a full member of the ACCA or ICAEW. You are currently working in practice with at least 4 years’ experience mainly preparing annual accounts.
- Qualified accountant with ACCA or ICAEW having passed all your exams (possibly already a full member of either organisation).
- 4+ years’ experience working in practice.
- Preparation for end of year accounts for sole traders, partnerships, small limited companies and LLPs.
- You will have a solid understanding of accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income as well as the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Client annual accounts preparation for sole traders, small limited companies, partnerships and LLPs using a variety of systems and spreadsheets (with relevant disclosures and explanatory notes and schedules).
- Updating client accounting systems with end of year adjustments.
- Corporation tax return and associated computation preparation and supporting schedules.
- Self-assessment tax return preparation for individuals, partnerships, and property investors (including capital gains computations).
- Relationship management with your clients, getting to know them and their needs better.
Why you want to work here:
We are a multi award-winning accountancy practice, holder of the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award and winner of the British Accounting Awards 2018 Best Independent Practice for this area.
We are highly organised, committed to the ongoing development of our team members as well as to delivering a great service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
We have comprehensive training and personal development processes, procedures and checklists as well as a regular planning and review process to support employee and business growth.
In addition to the generous salary, the role benefits from the following:
- 22 days initial holiday per year growing to 30 (plus the public holidays)
- Training and exam funding (including additional time off for exams)
- Flexible start and end time within a 35 hour working week
- Supportive and friendly team
- Annual bonus scheme (enabling you to earn an additional 10% of your salary)
- Private health care scheme
- Bespoke personal development plan and clear career path
- Full induction programme
- Free parking
Salary £32,500 to £40,000 depending on your talent and experience.