Salary: £19k – £23k per annum
Job Type: Full Time Permanent, Temporarily remote
Are you a bookkeeper in practice and feel it’s time to move on or are you an experienced bookkeeper looking to move into practice?
- You’ll be a methodical, accurate team player who approaches work in a calm, systematic manner.
- This role needs you to be qualified to at least AAT Level 3 (ideally AAT level 4) or the equivalent by experience.
- If you are currently in practice then you will have at least a year in your bookkeeping role. If you’re looking to get into practice then that would mean at least 3 years bookkeeping experience.
- Knowledge of Xero or QuickBooks Online would be an advantage, but it’s not a prerequisite. You will naturally already know how to reconcile a bank account and post various types of journals.
- Preparation of monthly bookkeeping for clients including sales and purchase invoice processing
- Bank & credit card reconciliations
- Prepare monthly journals such as payroll, depreciation, accruals and prepayments and month end procedures and reports
- Prepare VAT calculations for different VAT schemes and submit VAT returns and EC sales lists
- Work with clients from different industries
Why you want to work here:
We are a multi award-winning accountancy practice, holder of the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award and winner of the British Accounting Awards 2018 Best Independent Practice for this area and the 2020 Investors in People award at the Accounting Excellence awards.
We are highly organised, committed to the ongoing development of our team members as well as to delivering a great service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
We have comprehensive training and personal development processes, procedures and checklists as well as a regular planning and review process to support employee and business growth.
In addition to the generous salary, the role benefits from the following:
- 22 days initial holiday per year growing to 30 (plus the public holidays)
- Training and exam funding (including additional time off for exams)
- Flexible start and end time within a 35 hour working week
- Supportive and friendly team
- Annual bonus scheme (enabling you to earn an additional 10% of your salary)
- Private health care scheme
- Bespoke personal development plan and clear career path
- Full induction programme
- Free parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
We have implemented a number of policies and procedures to maintain the safety of team members when they are working at the office. These include temperature checks, social distancing and regular cleaning.
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19