Salary: £23,000 – 28,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Are you a bookkeeper looking for your next career move?
Would you like to work for a company that is an Investors In People Gold Employer, winner of the 2020 Investor In People award for the whole of the UK at the Accounting Excellence Awards and winner of the Best Independent Accounting Practice Award for this region in 2018? Would you like to be part of a friendly team who will help you develop and where 100% of the team stated in a recent anonymous survey that “My organisation is a great place to work”?
Can you reconcile bank accounts and create monthly journals? Can you prepare VAT returns for checking and handle the purchase ledger? Then this might be a great role for you especially if you want to become an accountant in the future.
– You’ll be a methodical, accurate team player who approaches work in a calm, systematic manner.
– This role needs you to be qualified to at least AAT Level 2 or the equivalent by experience.
– If you are currently working in an accounting practice then you will have at least a year in your bookkeeping role. If you’re looking to get into practice then that would mean at least 3 years bookkeeping experience.
– Knowledge of Xero would be an advantage. You will naturally already know how to reconcile a bank account and post various types of journals.
The Role itself?
- Preparation of monthly bookkeeping for clients including sales and purchase invoice processing
- Bank & credit card reconciliations
- Prepare monthly journals such as payroll, depreciation, accruals and prepayments and month end procedures and reports
- Prepare and submit VAT returns
- Work with clients from different industries
Why you want to work here:
We are a multi award-winning accountancy practice, holder of the prestigious Investors in People Gold Award and winner of the British Accounting Awards 2018 Best Independent Practice for this area and the 2020 Investors in People award at the Accounting Excellence awards.
We are growing as an organisation and this role has been created through expansion of the business and the development of our team members.
We are highly organised, committed to the ongoing development of our team members as well as to delivering a great service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire, Berkshire and beyond.
We have comprehensive training and personal development processes, procedures and checklists as well as a regular planning and review process to support employee and business growth. You can also benefit for support for AAT or ACCA studies.
- 22 days initial holiday per year growing to 30 (plus the public holidays)
- Flexible start and end time
- Generous Annual Bonus Scheme
- Private health care scheme and Company Pension
- Regular team social events
- Bespoke personal development plan and clear career path
- Free on-site parking
- Full induction programme